Tuesday 12 February 2013

Emergenza

The Emergenza concert in Napoli was a great experience, I'm not usually a concert kind of person but it was awesome seeing people I knew up on stage. The other bands were a little bit on the loud side, especially the metal band, but it was all around pretty good music. Not to sound biased at all, but I think that Oak & Willow (Gruppo di Marco e Vincenzo) were the most unique and easy to listen to of the three bands I heard play.
 
The reason why there is a very small portion of a drumset in front of them is because Marco played, sang and did the kick while Vincenzo played bass, did backing vocals and played the cymbal.

 Both of them did magnificently, Marco's singing was wonderful and coupled with clean acoustic sound of both their instruments was a terrific combonation.
All of their music, as far as I know, was written and
composed by the two of them. Although Vincenzo was playing extraordinarily, I don't believe it fully showcases his talent as a bassist. That just my honest opinion and I'm sure others might disagree, but that's how I feel. All in all it was a great time had by all and I would love to see them play again sometime before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment