Friday 28 December 2012

Modena/Maranello

Day one in Modena:
GPS brought us to the wrong location initially, but that was eventually sorted out and we arrivened at our hotel at a reasonable hour. After settling in at the hotel we set out to explore the surrounding area and possibly find somewhere to eat. Returning from our walk, unsuccessful in finding a restaurant, we adjourned to the hotel restaurant where we enjoyed a rather splendid meal.

Day two:
Drove initially to the Lamborghini factory, only to be disappointed by the fact that it was closed until early January, much like Ducati. After this happened we ventured on to the Ferrari museum in Maranello, the larger of the two we visited. We spent plenty of time at this museum and took much pixurs of the Ferrari's through the generations, (check Facebook). Upon leaving the museum we were greeted by a woman wanting to know if we would like to drive a Ferrari, we contemplated this for a moment and came to the conclusion that we would very much like to. So we followed her back to their headquarters across the street where we filled out paperwork for driving a California, my father and I each for ten minutes. Dad drove first, with Juliann and I sitting in the back, we rounded the block and returned so I could hop in the front. Only mother and the instructor could fit when I drove since no one could fit behind me. We took off and I switched the car off automatic and turned the steering wheel dial to sport mode when the instructor wasn't looking. I can now say I know what 450hp in a Ferrari feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment